Keep it simple. We respect the integrity of the ingredients and do our best to present them in their most wholesome and nutritious form.
Eat the colors of the rainbow. Many studies have shown evidence of numerous health benefits of eating a plant based diet, and it’s an important part of honoring the earths resources. A colorful diet is a well-balanced diet since different antioxidants create many of the different colors in fruits and vegetables. Antioxidants keep your body healthy on a cellular level by cleaning up free radicals that can lead to mutations and cause disease. Some examples of these are:
- Yellow/Orange: Sweet potatoes, carrots, pumpkin, mango, corn, and melon all contain a variety of carotenoids, which reduce the risk of developing cancer.
- Green: Vegetables such as spinach and broccoli are high in lutein, which keeps your vision sharp and clear.
- Blue/Purple: Blueberries and blackberries are chock full of anthocyanins, which prevent tumors from forming and suppress their growth.
- Red: Tomatoes and watermelon are loaded with lycopene, which may protect against cancer and heart disease.
- White: Cauliflower offers the same cancer-fighting benefits as broccoli, its cruciferous cousin, and potatoes are a good source of vitamin C. There’s also some evidence that the sulfur compounds in garlic and onions may ward off stomach and colon cancers. Other white foods, like naturally raised poultry, seafood, cheeses, eggs, and tofu, provide all-important protein.
Whenever possible, we prefer to use locally grown produce in season which often results is maximum flavor and healthfulness. It also helps us support local small businesses like ourselves. We source much of our produce via local farmers markets and through shares in our local community supported agriculture collective.