blog comments powered by
- 5 whole onions
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 cup uncooked rice brown or white
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 3 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Dice 3 onions and saute in 3 tablespoons olive oil in a saute pan until brown. Set aside.
- In a large saucepot, bring stock and lentils to a boil. Reduce to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add onions and rice to lentils, and continue cooking for 20 minutes, or until rice and lentils are soft. Remove from heat and allow to remain in pot for a few minutes to absorb any remaining water.
- While rice and lentils are cooling, slice the remaining two onions into rings. Cook onions in 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil until caramelized and brown.
- Place rice and lentils on serving plate and top with sauteed onion rings.